A cost segregation study is a tax-saving opportunity that is often overlooked among investors. Because a cost segregation analysis can be so pricey, you might be wondering if it’s actually worth the tax savings.
On today’s show, I’m going to walk you through how a cost segregation works, and how to determine if it’s worth it for you. You’ll learn about the types of investors that a cost segregation study works for, the benefits of going through the study, what it costs, and so much more!
More About This Show
In my experience, there are four types of people who can benefit from a cost segregation:
- High-net worth individuals who need more tax write-offs
- Those who would like to avoid paying high taxes
- Investors who need to offset capital gains
- Real estate investors who are buying at least one property per year
Here are some benefits of a cost segregation study:
- Up to 40% cash-on-cash returns in your first year of ownership
- Adding assets to your net worth on your personal financial statement
- Accelerating depreciation that ultimately allows you to turn tax dollars into equity while owning new construction real estate that cash flows
- Once you’ve executed on this unique strategy, you’ll want to tell every friend, family member, and associate about it because it seems too good to be true
- Whether you perform a cost segregation study on a single-family home, duplex, or another type of rental property, you will literally save yourself thousands of dollars in the process.
When we talk about cost vs. benefit, a cost segregation can literally save you thousands of dollars on your taxes. If you need to offset your taxes, a cost segregation study is definitely worth it.
Book a Call with Our Team
Download the free Financial Empowerment Bootcamp
Download the Freedom Cheat Sheet
Subscribe to Investing in Real Estate on iTunes
Find Your Financial Freedom Number
Subscribe to the Morris Invest YouTube channel
Like Morris Invest on Facebook
DISCLAIMER: I am not a financial adviser. I only express my opinion based on my experience. Your experience may be different. These videos are for educational and inspirational purposes only. Investing of any kind involves risk. While it is possible to minimize risk, your investments are solely your responsibility. It is imperative that you conduct your own research. There is no guarantee of gains or losses on investments.
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: Some of the links on this channel are affiliate links, meaning, at NO additional cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase and/or subscribe. However, this does not impact my opinion. We recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions we make if you decide to use their services. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Ready To Build Passive Income Through Rental Real Estate?
Ready to talk about your goals? We're here to show you the tools and teach you the process to begin earning legacy wealth for you and your family.