Book a call with our team: https://goo.gl/dezwHT
Not just any city can function as a great rental market. Unless you live in a few select cities, chances are the best properties are not in your backyard. So how do you go about finding a rental market that will produce high return on investment?
On this episode of Investing in Real Estate, I’m sharing five attributes of a great rental market! I’ll share the key indicators that I care about in a city. You’ll learn about local laws, job markets, and much more!
More About This Show
There are a number of key indicators you could measure while assessing a rental market, but these are the five that I personally care about most when considering investing in a rental market:
- Landlord friendliness. Unfortunately, legal issues like evictions are inevitable when you own multiple rental properties. Because of this, I aim to invest in states that are protective of landlords. This is one area that is easily overlooked, but can have far-reaching implications.
- Job market. It's important to assess what the job market is like in a city you're considering investing in. Personally, I look for jobs that are American-based. Jobs in hospitals aren't going anywhere. You want your tenants to have consistent work, so this one is important!
- Affordability. I look at the cost to acquire properties, as well as things like property taxes, and how much it costs to hold licenses. Remember, additional costs eat into your ROI, so you want to be careful about how much you're spending.
- Boring appreciation. As far as I'm concerned, slow and steady appreciation wins the race! I don't want drama or overinflated property values.
- Shipping. We live in an e-commerce society. Online businesses like Amazon and Zappos are ever-expanding, so if I notice warehouses and distribution centers, I know that's a great place to invest.
If you’re ready to begin building a passive income through rental real estate, book a FREE call with our team today. We’re ready to talk about your goals and want to help you learn more about earning legacy wealth for you and your family.
On this episode you'll learn:
- What makes a landlord friendly state?
- Why don't I invest in Texas?
- What is a solid amount of appreciation to aim for?
- What is the importance of American-based infrastructure?
- And much more!
EP108: The Five Most Landlord Friendly States
Subscribe to Investing in Real Estate on iTunes
Find Your Financial Freedom Number
Subscribe to the Morris Invest YouTube channel
Like Morris Invest on Facebook