Historically, 2017 could be the most opportune time to invest in real estate! Although there is much concern about the outlook of the stock market, the future is bright for real estate! Conditions are quickly changing. The homeownership rate has dropped. Looking ahead, the real estate market is showing positive indicators, specifically in the investing sector.
Here are five reasons why now is the perfect time to invest in real estate:
- Housing prices are on the rise. We’re seeing properties appreciate at a steady rate, but they’re not over-inflated like we saw before the last recession.
- Although housing bubbles exist, they’re not a major concern for investors. We don’t recommend investing in areas like San Francisco, Miami, or New York City where there are housing bubbles. Instead, purchase your investment properties in strong, stable markets, and you'll be safe!
- Housing construction is ongoing. In troubling times building comes to a halt, and materials are sitting around unused. But now, builders are working hard, which is a sign of positive market conditions. Likewise, construction companies aren’t building small starter homes. Since Millennials aren’t purchasing homes, construction companies are building large homes for established families to purchase and live in long-term. The good news for investors is: the construction companies are no longer competition.
- Foreclosures have plummeted. This means that homebuyers aren’t getting in over their heads, and agreeing to loan terms they can’t pay. In recent years, it was easy for investors to scoop up foreclosed properties, but they’ve become increasingly difficult to find! The market has corrected.
- The markets that were hit hardest during the crash have since stabilized. Those markets have not returned to their pre-crash bubble, indicating that the market is steady.
Ready to become a real estate investor? Let's talk. You can schedule a free call with us by clicking the red button below. We love talking to investors, and we'd love to discuss how you can meet your real estate goals in 2017.